The Catawba Nation has the right to determine any citizen’s enrollment as per the Catawba Indian Nation Constitution.
The Catawba Nation uses three base membership rolls. The dates of these rolls are 1943, 1961, and 2000. Anyone wishing to be added to the current roll must prove lineal descent from someone listed on one of these rolls. If you have questions about this process or feel that you can prove lineal descent, please contact Donna Curtis, Tribal Enrollment Coordinator.
If you are a direct lineal descendant and age 18 or older or a parent with children under age 18 and meet the criteria in enrolling with the Catawba Nation, please provide the following information to the enrollment department:
- Full name of your ancestor as it appears on one of the rolls above, a copy of your long form birth certificate, marriage license if the parent is the Catawba father and ID to be reviewed.
- If you are the Catawba father and were not married for at least nine months, please contact us if you would like to go through the ARCpoint Lab in Rock Hill to provide us with information needed to get a discount for a DNA. (Contact Enrollment for details)
- After direct lineal descendant has been established with the Enrollment Department, please contact Nancy Mullis to see if funding is available for assistance with payment of DNA.
- Once we have collected the information needed for enrollment, we will send you an enrollment form to fill out.
- All enrollment information will need to be scanned through a scanner or copies mailed in or bing into the tribal office and we will make copies.
- Tribal IDs are $4 per ID. Please contact enrollment for instructions as a picture will be needed for all IDs